Sunday, November 22, 2020

Scroll. Find a Memory. Time will Tell.

Today is one of those gloomy overcast days where 2o'clock feels like an aimless early morning hangover, It pitied me enough to allow me to realx in the living room for the majority of the day.

I took a nap, wondering why I wore anything but pyjamas.

Retrospecively, I imagine I did very little other than eat sugar cookies my mom and I made for a holiday promotion later this season, and work out a rhunic code dictated by a family friend who overcomplicated his holiday light decorating with the idea to encode the lights with a secret message.

Did his house get adorned with a message for the nerds? 

Time will tell.

Some of the afternoon I spent reading a book by a lovely friend I met at a Zinefest in Scranton several years back. It's called White Elephants, and while I'm unprepared to give a glowing review at this time due to slow metal processing, (it well deserves a timely review), the habitual documentation of unearthing strange neighboring treasures laid within its pages has inspired me to undertake a new project. 

After scrolling through photos on my social media platforms searching for one photo I knew existed digitally somewhere, I realized I have all of these stories and fragments of my life captured in time but rarely, (if ever), spoken about with anyone. 

Does anyone besides me really care about any of these stories?

Probably just my mom and she's the only one I could imagine reading this, but I'm going to give this project a shot anyhow.

At least for me, so I don't forget.

Pictures found in a feed can be just as mysterious and becoming as one found in an antique photo album at a rummage sale down the street.

In fact, that's a great comparison.

My photo albums are buried within the rummage sale of the internet - all the glory of looping GIFs, formulated ads, and hypocritical advice columns.

Today I will begin with the first photo. Twenty minutes to write about a memory provoked from it.

Will I overcomplicate this idea or slough it off completely after a few days?

Time will tell.

Although, I really would like to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment